How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Hank F. Your Own Question
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Category: Small Engine
Satisfied Customers: 15268
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
Type Your Small Engine Question Here...
Hank F. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a RS 12000 home standby generator that was originally

Customer Question

I have a RS 12000 home standby generator that was originally natural gas. I want to convert to propane as I now live in a rural area. What do I need? A new regulator? Is there an onan part number to do this that I could order and install myself?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

If this is an older version of the unit, an orifice will need to be installed in the fuel elbow. The orifice is part number(###) ###-####

If this is a newer version of the unit, the elbow needs to be replaced with a different elbow that has a smaller opening in it.

After that, the carburetor must be properly adjusted to compensate for the different fuel.