Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

Polaris ATV with a mikuni CV34, need help..

Customer Question

Polaris ATV with a mikuni CV34 carburetor, need help..
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. Did you soak your carburetor prior to cleaning it? You very likely still have a partially clogged jet or fuel passage inside your carburetor.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Due to your engine running well beyond idle position, a good fuel additive may clear things up for you.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

I suggest that you try a fuel additive called Mechanic In A Bottle, to see if this helps. In many cases, it will effectively clean your carburetor, without you having to remove it. I will attach a link to some information relating to this product.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

You can purchase Mechanic In A Bottle at Home Depot, Tractor Supply, etc., and it is very inexpensive. If this product does not work for you, then you will likely need to remove your carburetor and do some additional cleaning. Use a small wire to clean every small hole you see.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

We can continue from here. Thanks!

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Hello Jim. This is just a follow up, to see if all went well for you. Thanks again!