Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

2003 TXT 36 V Cart. When I push the peddle, the electric

Customer Question

2003 TXT 36 V Cart.
When I push the peddle, the electric motor turns. When on jack stands both rear tires also turn. But when the cart is on the ground, I hear the motor turning, but the cart wont move, in either forward or reverse.
It is a limited slip differential set up currently with no Limited Slip Posi Traction Control System.
I pulled apart both of the axles and removed the pumpkin, and took off the electric Motor. All the spindles on both axles are fine, the input shaft gear look fine, as does the ring gear and spider gears.
I'm stumped as to why it wont move. I can add additional information if needed...
Thanks in advance!
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

With cart off the ground, turn one wheel manually, does the other wheel turn in the opposite direction? If the differential is good, it should! You checked the spline on the drive motor to transmission? Neither brake drum is not stripped, where it would spin on axle shaft?