Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Engine hunts when wand is open to have pressaure

Customer Question

engine hunts when wand is open to have pressaure
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Add tension to the spring for the throttle , at the carburetor. Usually you have to bend the bracket the spring attaches to. Just a small amount should do it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked and it is getting gas ok. When I first starting it up and opened the wand and it had pressure and quit and had pressure again and then quit no pressure. This happen several times but now nothing.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

So now the engine will not start? If you remove spark plug and ground it, do you have spark?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

If it has spark, it is not getting fuel to the cylinder. Have you removed the float bowl on the carburetor and checked the float and needle passage?