Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My Deere 1020 will lose hydraulic pressure to power steering

Customer Question

My John Deere 1020 will lose hydraulic pressure to power steering and 3 point lift if the PTO lever by the main shifter is not engaged. I have flushed the hydraulic system 3 times, and changed the hydraulic filter ever time and cleaned the strainer. the Hydraulic oil is very clean. history of tractor, this tractor sit out side for at least two years before I purchased it. I have the engine running great and have fixed many other problems. but the hydraulic system is still not performing as I think it should.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

# ***** is a strainer in the hydraulic pump, have you looked at it?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Next would be the Pressure Control valve.