Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

My eXmark Metro 36'' Walk behind stalls when I engage The

Customer Question

My eXmark Metro 36'' Walk behind stalls when I engage The Blade Drive or the Transmission
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Many times when this problem occurs, it indicates that you either have a faulty operated presence safety switch, on one of your handles, or a loose connection, in the wiring connector, that connects to your operator presence safety switch.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

These safety switches prevents your mower from operating, if you are not in a safe position for driving, or mowing with your mower.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Your kill/shut safety circuit, is falsely sensing that you are not in a safe operators position, and for your safety, it is shutting your engine down.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

First, check for a loose connection, in your wiring connector. We can continue from here. Thanks!

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

I believe that your Operator Presence Safety Switch will have a yellow and green wire attached to it. Your safety switch is a Normally Open Switch.