How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Curtis B. Your Own Question
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Category: Small Engine
Satisfied Customers: 28116
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
Type Your Small Engine Question Here...
Curtis B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a robinrabbit two stroke twin fire pump model

Customer Question

Hi, I have a robinrabbit two stroke twin fire pump model #Y2-1580 stamped on block. The 12 volt power supply lead obvously is there to charge the battery. Does a voltage regulator have to be installed or is it incorporated in the flywheel electrical system?
I have set up the ignition correctly but am concerned about voltage control to the battery on the charging system. It doesn't appear to have one on the machine. There is nothing there and nothing to indicate ever having one.
Your advise please.
many thanks - Trev.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Is the output from the charging coil putting out 12 + volts DC? Or is it AC? If DC. it needs nothing else. If it is AC, it has to have a diode, to change the voltage fro AC to DC output. Same as the older Briggs engines. They just use a diode to change the stator voltage from AC to Dc.