Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 0 turn mower with a button that is raised on the

Customer Question

I have a 0 turn mower with a button that is raised on the right side to actuate the blades turning. When I raise it the blades begin and then stop and I repeat the process with same result. Why won't my blades keep turning?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Blade clutch drops out when it looses voltage, or the voltage drops below 12 volts.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have any starting problems where you have to use jumper or battery charger to crank? Is the charging system working?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Starts easily and relatively new so I would be surprised if it were the charging system, perhaps contacts?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a voltmeter to check the battery voltage when you turn the pto on? Voltage has to stay above 12 volts. Can be a bad connection at the clutch or witch!