Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a 0 turn mower with a button that is raised on the…

Customer Question
I have a 0 turn...
I have a 0 turn mower with a button that is raised on the right side to actuate the blades turning. When I raise it the blades begin and then stop and I repeat the process with same result. Why won't my blades keep turning?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
11/15/2015
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Blade clutch drops out when it looses voltage, or the voltage drops below 12 volts.

Do you have any starting problems where you have to use jumper or battery charger to crank? Is the charging system working?

Starts easily and relatively new so I would be surprised if it were the charging system, perhaps contacts?

Do you have a voltmeter to check the battery voltage when you turn the pto on? Voltage has to stay above 12 volts. Can be a bad connection at the clutch or witch!