Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Working on a 1991 ezgo with 2 cycle engine. I work at

Customer Question

working on a 1991 ezgo with 2 cycle engine. I work at Decatur Lake Golf Course for
5 years fixing 36v ezgo and the gas rtx.
THis is a friend who has to choke a lot to get the 2 cycle going. he put a new carb on it
but it didn't help at all. He is a parapalegic and use the cart in the yard and goes hunting
with it. Just takes a lot of choking for quite some time. I think it could be a G-44o/444
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Is the choke closing the throat of carburetor? Doe you have fuel flowing from the pulse fuel pump to the carburetor? Does it run ok after the engine fires? What is compression?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Do you get good suction if you hold hand over throat of carb inlet? Engine has reed valve below carburetor and has crankshaft seals that can leak and cause problems.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

19980-G1 is manual if you can find a PDF version to download. I have one but can't find source today!