Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
19372534

I'm am currently trying to figure out why my generac 04456

Customer Question

Hello I'm am currently trying to figure out why my generac 04456 12kw generator is not putting out any power. It starts up and runs but then shuts down staing over speed light. I am looking at one of you previous post and have checked all the windings and ohm' dallas the windings and brushes. All come out pretty close. Close enough the I would think they are ok. One weird thing is that the starter stays engaged. Seems to me that the computer or something is not seeing that the generator/motor is running. There is also a red light on I think the voltage regulator theat never light up.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

The single most common cause of a genset not producing power is a bad voltage regulator.