Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

My troy 15.5 pony wont go forward or reverse when I but it

Customer Question

My troy 15.5 pony wont go forward or reverse when I but it in that gear. Can you please advise me on what I can do to fix this?
Thank you for your time.
Joy XXXX
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. Did it just stop rolling in md use ? .

Under the seat there should be a tag with a model and serial numbers , can you give me those ? It will help me with the belt diagrams . Most tractors made by mtd have a*****system . So it's most likely a belt popped off .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had it in neutral and leaned off the seat and it stalled. I started it back running put it in forward and it wont move.
Model# *****
Serial# *****Joy
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Will it stay running when you put it back in forward

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
John,
Please forgive me; I was reading the manual and it seems that I had locked the parking break. No issues with the belts at this time as it now moves.
I will keep this site in mind for further issues.
God bless you.
Joy XXXX
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Ok Joy , I'm glad you got it going , , I was troubleshooting it but it seems like you got it going which is great . Have a great weekend , you can manually close your question