Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a gas club car, but can't get any fuel to come out of

Customer Question

I have a gas club car, but can't get any fuel to come out of the tank; any suggestions?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

The suction tube in the fuel tank has to be open, and it has to be capable of holding vacuum. Remove the tube and examine it and hold finger over one end while you suck on the other. It should hold vacuum. If it does, problem is fuel line or the fuel pomp. The fuel pump is what has t draw the vacuum and pull the fuel from the tank.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I unscrewed the suction tube, it was full of fuel. I removed the four screws from the fuel pump and did not notice any damage. With that said, where do I start?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have pulse going to the fuel pump while cranking, this would be the P line on the pump. If you have a pulse, do you feel suction on the fitting that goes to the filter/tank? No fuel coming out the carburetor line?