Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I bought a roketta 800 cc gocart it was running fine but

Customer Question

I bought a roketta 800 cc gocart it was running fine but then one day itnwould not start. I turn the key and it makes a clicking noise but the noise is not coming from starter its coming from somewhere else. There was a burnt fuse but in replaced it and still nothing. I had starter tested and it appears to work. Also put in new key switch still nothing.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Check the wire from keyswitch to the starter switch terminal. Wire may be broken or damaged. A quick test, use a jumper from the key switch to the post on the solenoid, to see if it will engage the starter. Fused wire is what powers the keyswitch, need to have full battery voltage to the keyswitch.