Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Have mini z 44" deck. Having trouble with the blower

Customer Question

Have mini z 44" deck. Having trouble with the blower assembly for side discharge deck. Makes loud noise. Impeller 11" was hitting on some bolts. Welded the impeller and check to see if it was still hitting all looked clear but when you put it back together and put the power on still makes a noise and you can see sparks so something has to be hitting yet. Take apart but don't see what it hitting on. Do you think a bearing could be worn enough to cause to do this
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 2 years ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Yes, if the bearing has much wear in it the impeller could come in contact with the housing or some of the bolts in the housing which would explain the noise and sparks. When you apply a load on the impeller to spin it with worn bearings it will pull the shaft sideways which in turn will cock the impeller sideways which would make it hit or rub.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Where is the best place to get parts for the mini z hustler
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 2 years ago.

If you want to have the parts in hand prior to taking it apart then I would recommend your nearest local Hustler dealer. However if that isn't an issue for you, then I would take it apart and get the old bearing out then you can go to a bearing store or automotive store and they should be able to match it up for you. The bearings normally will have a number stamped on them that can be used for reference or they can measure the bearing itself.