spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  I worked on all types of equipment semis,forklifts,farm,ect
65057319

I am having the same problem like Rick. I had no spark on a

Customer Question

This is Clint. I am having the same problem like Rick. I had no spark on a Craftsman Trimmer and checked the airgap and isolated the coil and no spark. I just got a new coil yesterday and still no spark. I am turning the flywheel with a cordless drill to get more rpm. Now I don't know what else to look for.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Hi Clint, I am Tech Spanky and will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician with over 30+ years experience that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:
1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.
The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)
I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

From the sounds of this the on/off switch is staying in the off position,, what that does it takes away spark.

Remove wires from on/off switch and see if it starts and you have spark.

Click here for switch location and disassembly of handle.

Thanks

spanky

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Spanky. As mentioned, I isolated (all wires are disconnected) the ignition coil. I reset the air gap with a business card and I am rotating the flywheel with a cordless drill. This machine has "speed start" technology. Is there a wire somewhere else that could be affecting the coil?
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

There is usually a ground strap tied into stop switch to ground out coil to stop spark and shut down engine ,,try connecting the stop switch wires together, it may work opposite on this one. Some are wired N/O and some N/C

Let me know

Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Would you please rate positively or accept my answer,,, if you don't the website does not share the fee you paid with me for assisting you.

Thank you