JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

My fuel gauge and temp gauge have gone as far as they can

Customer Question

my fuel gauge and temp gauge have gone as far as they can clockwise. When I press the reset button and hold it they return to normal. when I release the reset they go back to the far (clockwise) right position
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

The first thing that I would look for is a wire that is shorted or grounded which would cause this. If you find nothing there then I would look at the sending units for each of those gauges.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no shorts - already checked - also I would doubt that both fuel and engine temp gauges would fail at exactly the same time, no ?
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

I am in agreement with you that it is doubtful that both sensors would go bad at the same time but it could happen.

At this time I don't feel that I will be able to help you any further, I will opt out of your question which will allow for another expert to assist you if they feel that there is anything they can add.