Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

Trying to replace drive and auger belts on my Snapper 524,

Customer Question

trying to replace drive and auger belts on my Snapper 524, ser #63212965 snow blower. How can I do it?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer , to access the belts you have to remove the cover between the engine and chute , there should be 2 bolts holding the cover on , on on each side . Once that is removed you will have access to the belts . Is that the full model number ? I tried looking for a diagram for you but 524 may be the series and there may be a actual full model number in the machine somewhere

Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Once you remove the cover you will see both belts, there are belt guides that are bolted to the engine , you will need to loosen them .