Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Last time i was mowing with my rz4623, the center front

Customer Question

Last time i was mowing with my rz4623, the center front baffle on the cutting deck broke loose on one end and got caught in the blades. I immediately disengaged the blades, drove to a safe location, and removed the center front baffle entirely. However, now the engine doesn't seem run with full power. I have to keep the choke engaged to keep it from going dead. Any ideas what this could be?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.

What engine? Twin engine? Do a cylinder test.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.

Loosen the spark plug wires, and with engine idling, remove one wire at a time . Engine should continue to run. If engine dies when either is removed, the opposite cylinder is dead! Check it for spark and compression.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I performed the test you suggested, and the engine kept running when either spark plug wire was removed
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.

Ok, so it is likely a lack of fuel and not a dead cylinder. Have you replaced the fuel filter and checked flow to the carburetor?