Vince O.
Vince O., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Over 30 years experience repairing lawn and garden equipment. Chainsaws, mowers,blowers and trimmers
32407143

I have an RB24EAP tachi leaf blower. Yesterday it began

Customer Question

I have an RB24EAP Hitachi leaf blower. Yesterday it began making an odd sound as I was using it and upon inspection I saw that a washer and nut had fallen off but were held in by the screen on the side of the plastic fan. I removed the three screws holding on the screen and replaced the washer and nut the screen but the blower won't start and I didn't try many times to start it because the rough sound was still there when I tried. I'm extremely handy at fixing things and the nearest repair shop for the blower is in Pittsburgh, PA, roughly 2 hours away. Can I attempt to repair this on my own or does it sound like a problem that needs a professional? Can YOU help me? Thanks, ***** *****
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 2 years ago.

Hello, if the noise sounds like it is coming from the fan area something could be under the fan or a screw that secures the engine to the housing could be loose. You would have too remove the fan to check and make sure the screws are tight. also remove the plu and rotate the engine until the piston is all the way up. The magnets on the flywheel should be on the coil.