How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Curtis B. Your Own Question
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Category: Small Engine
Satisfied Customers: 28660
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
Type Your Small Engine Question Here...
Curtis B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am looking plastic fuel filter/sediment bowl TAS J-33

Customer Question

I am looking for a plastic fuel filter/sediment bowl for a TAS J-33 engine with a Keihin Seiki carb on it. I am not sure how old this unit is, just that it was made in Japan. It is for a water pump.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.

Can you attach picture using the Tree or paperclip Icon. Here is a basic bowl on Ebay.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fuel filter actually attaches to the bottom of the fuel tank, so its an L shape. I have attached a picture of the part, and in the picture you can see the plastic piece that was melted by solvents while trying to clean it.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a Honda Outdoor equipment dealer? Check these out.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can check around the local lawnmower shops, I would just need that bottom metal part as long as the threads are the same length. Is that the closest thing you can find? I know that TAS in now considered Tanaka right? I can't find anything that looks similar from Tanaka either though.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

That's as close to it as I could find!