Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

I have a Z425 54c mower. The switch will not start no power

Customer Question
to hour meter when switch...
I have a Z425 54c mower. The switch will not start no power to hour meter when switch is turned on. I have only .5 volts comming out of harness. I have checked all kill switches and they are good. There is also a fuse block that has 3 fuses the center fuse has wire coming out top but no wire on bottom should ther be a jumper wire from hot wir on first fuse the third fuse has two yellow wire going in bottom and one yellow coming out top. The red wire on first fuse is hot. yellow wirs are not. Ialso crossed the solild and starter worked but tractor would not start.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
I ask this question over 3 hours ago and have not got answer
Hellooo anybody there
Istill have not recieved an answer
9/18/2015
Technician: JohnF2015, Technician replied 2 years ago
JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Technician

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Can you tell me when this started? Anything out of the ordinary that might have caused this?

I,ve been working on this for a couple of days. I was mowing and it just sudenly quit it did not spudder it just quit.

When you turn the key to the on or run position do you hear any clicks at the carburetor or any kind of noises when you try to start the machine?

Can you provide the serial number from your machine so that I can better assist you?

I am trying to look at a wiring schematic but there are several different options depending on serial number.

I would assume that you have checked all the fuses to make sure that they are good.

M0Z425J060361 M # Z425 54C

Thank you for the serial number.

It looks as if your machine should have three fuses all connected to the wiring, so your initial question about the fuse only having one wire going to it is most likely the issue. If the machine was working okay prior then I would be looking for a loose wire in the area of the fuse block. Because of where the fuse block is located the most likely issue is that the wire broke off or come loose, it is not likely that it would have been pulled away.

Hi Ithink I'm going to surrender and take to dealer for repair Thank you for your effort.

Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you.

Please take a moment to rate your experience.

JohnF2015
JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Technician