Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

Trying to find an easy way to replace the self-propel v-belt

Customer Question

Trying to find an easy way to replace the self-propel v-belt (#115-4669) on my Toro 20333 around the blade brake assembly. Any tricks or decent documentation available?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 2 years ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. Here is a video that can walk you through it

https://youtu.be/xbA9vS_eI6Y

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I already found this video on You-Tube and it is showing a model mower that does not have the addition blade brake/clutch assembly that mine does. This assembly hopefully comes off intact to allow access to the crankshaft area that the self-propel drive belt attaches to. I can not really see behind the blade clutch assembly right now and it's difficult to make out disassembly procedures from parts diagrams. I have seen how to access the transmission side of the belt to remove on that end but need to find out how to remove it from above the blade clutch assembly.

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/toro-20333-3100000013109999992010-lawn-mower-parts-c-121776_127291_127879.html

Have you gotten the blade off , how much have you removed , part 19 looks to have a set screw in it