Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a L110 lawn tractor with a Kohler 17.5 HP engine. My

Customer Question

I have a L110 lawn tractor with a Kohler 17.5 HP engine. My battery died, tried to charge it, but wouldn't charge. Jump started it with my car and it ran. Got a new battery, but while installing it the wrench slipped and grounded the positive and neg terminals. Only the positive cable was connected to battery. Battery still good, engine turns over fine but won't start. Checked plug, good spark. 20 amp fuse good. Seem not to be getting fuel. Any thoughts?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.

Under the carburetor is electric solenoid, It has to open the fuel to the main jet. Is it opening when key is turned on?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.

Has to have 12 volts to operate.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I don't think it is opening. When I crank the engine a small amount of gas Drips from it
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.

If it has voltage, you can remove it, remove the plunger on the end, and re-install it as a dummy for test.