Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

We have a Cub Cadet RZT Model RZT50 The Mower "turns over"

Customer Question
Good Afternoon, We have a Cub...
Good Afternoon,
We have a Cub Cadet RZT Model RZT50
The Mower "turns over" but will not crank. The Battery Light comes on, but everything seems to be working fine. Do you have any suggestions
Thanks,
Sharron Leonard
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
9/16/2015
Technician: Chris (aka - Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka - Moose)

The first thing I need you to do is remove the plug and wire and perform a spark test while cranking to see if your getting good blue spark which can jump up to 1/2 inch. Next remove the air filter and use a fuel source to see if the engine will start briefly on alternate fuel. Check these and report back.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle or equipment. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician