JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I have a Stihl BR350 backpack blower. It didn't want to stay

Customer Question

Hi I have a Stihl BR350 backpack blower. It didn't want to stay on so I purchase a new carb for it and installed it. Now I can started and stays on but no power as I hit the throttle. I do want to make it clear that the ignition coil had been cut and tapped into by another wire and boot. Will an ignition coil cause this?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 2 years ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

No, it is not likely that the coil is the problem. If the coil were a problem most likely the machine would not run at all.

Have you checked the exhaust for blockage. The muffler screen and or the exhaust port on the cylinder could be partially blocked causing enough back pressure to keep the machine from coming up to full throttle.

Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 2 years ago.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I checked for carbon build up and looked ok

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I haven't checked fuel filter though

Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 2 years ago.

It could be the fuel filter, it may allow enough fuel to pass through to run a low speed but not enough to run at full throttle. Have you tried to run with the air filter off of the machine? Does it make any difference?