Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Our -2003 2100 Utility Vehicle has electric lift cargo hold.

Customer Question

Our -2003 2100 Utility Vehicle has electric lift cargo hold. Apparently, the battery is dead and we cannot raise the cargo hold to get to the battery. Any suggestions?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.

What is model? Bobcat?Cushman?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.

Where is the lift switch? If you can get to the backside of the switch, you can use jumper cables from another battery . Ground the negative to frame, use the posiitve cable to jump the switch, which will raise the bed.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do not think that I would classify it as a bobcat or cushman. It is a utitlity vehicle with a rear cargo bin and baseball field groomer attached. The cargo bin has an electronic switch on the dash. There is a manual lever behind the driver seat that unlocks the left side, but the right side remains latched. From the rear, we can see what appears to be the terminals of the battery, but there is very litte room. There is what appears to be a set of terminals under the steering wheel. My current plan is to connect thhe charger there to see if I can get the enough energy to lift the cargo bin. Please advise.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I connected a charger to the terminals that are under the steering wheel and got the bin to lift.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.

Good job! Thanks,