Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

When depressing accelerator cart will not start. It turns…

Customer Question
When depressing accelerator cart will...
When depressing accelerator cart will not start. It turns over and after a while it may fire and run. Now it will not start at all. Still turns over
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
8/31/2015
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

With park plug wire and spark plug grounded to metal, do you have spark?

If you remove fuel line from carburetor, do you have fuel pumping?

There is a strong spark. I haven't tried the fuel pump yet.

Ok, It has to have spark and fuel. If it has both, it may be out of time. Need to know what engine you have to see if it has timing belt.

It is pumping fuel
Are you still with me?

Yes!

It has a twin cylinder robbins engine

Will it run if you put fuel in the cylinder or use starting fluid?

If not, This engine shows to have a timing belt, it may have jumped time.

Don't know, I can try it

https://shop.ezgo.com/golf-cart/engine-timing.html

Don't have any starting fluid. Am going to call it quits for today. It must not be spark or fuel, so must be something with an electrical component perhaps

May be the timing belt. Thanks.

I can't give a rating because the problem is not solved. Thanks anyway

Sorry, I can't check it for you!