Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,
20508815

Got a onan 20GGDB-5014 F that cranks but has no spark.

Customer Question

Got a onan 20GGDB-5014 F that cranks but has no spark. Technician trying to order a board for it but needs information indicating there are three possible controller board for it. Does this sound right? Model and Serial number as well as engine model information.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

If he is sure that is the problem through testing then you can provide that info he is requesting, you can also go to the board and the part number will be located directly on the board. In terms of the no spark I would check if coil has no park check my 12v pos to it with key on and check for pulse signal when cranking on the neg side of the coil via a test light. But it sounds like he has already narrowed it down to a failed board in which you just need to provide the info he needs to order the correct board.

Thank you!

- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.

If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.

Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.