Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

Can I convert a briggs and stratton 21 hp v-twin ohv non oil

Customer Question

can I convert a briggs and stratton 21 hp v-twin ohv non oil filter engine to a filter type?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 2 years ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answer , to be honest it would be more trouble than what it's worth, you would have to change the sump base, so it had the port for the filter to screw on , then you would have to make sue both engines used the same type of method of lubricating the engine like making both use a slinger type set up to liberate the inside of the engine

You can mount or anywhere. Your going to cut the wire to the points and wire this in it goes have to be under the flywheel , mine is located out near the shroud

Here is mine on my gamefisher

Your going to leave your coil and points in place they will give you a sheet showing which wires to cut going to the points and wire it to the module , then the mogul will have a second wire with a eyelet and you take that wire and put it with the module which grounds it