Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a generac LPG impact-36 Pluss II it is in a s&s slide

Customer Question

I have a generac LPG impact-36 Pluss II it is in a s&s slide in camper. From either start switches (the one on generator or remote switch in side) it clicks and turns the flywheel about 1/2 inch
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Remove spark plugs and see if it will turn over. Can you turn flywheel by hand 360?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
engine turns ok. Shorted the solenoid with screwdriver it turns over will start and run ok if you hold the start button at same time. The propane must be on the relay and is working the relay. Can't figure out if it is the relay or solenoid
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

For starter to only turn flywheel small amount, it either is not staying engaged, or the voltage at start is too low to turn engine. Do you have voltmeter to test the voltage at starter?