Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,
20508815

I disconnected the pos & neg leads before I installed a 24

Customer Question

i disconnected the pos & neg leads before I installed a 24 volt fan on my 2015 48 volt ez go electric cart. The fan works fine and is connected to the front 3 batteries in series.When I finished I reconnected the pos terminal and when I tried to reconnect the neg terminal Igot sparks. The cart is off and the key is out. The cart has lights and a horn both of which are off. I cant find anything that should be hot but Istill get fire when I try to reconnect the neg wires . I need suggestions.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for usingjustanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with yourconcern today.

It's normal to some degree to get sparks, you are completing a circuit.

I am just seeing if youstill need assistance with this problem? The reason I ask is because I see thatyour question has not been answered sooner and I wanted to make sure if youstill needed help.

In some cases a questionmay sit due to several different things including the amount of thedeposit/question value, time it was asked, the complexity of the question,number of experts that can help you at a certain time, lack of detailed infoand so on. My objective that I wish is to make sure that if you still need helpthat I can at the very least reach out to you and attempt to help you. I maynot have exactly the experience to deal with a certain problem but instead ofyou not receiving any answer at all I would at least like to reach out andattempt to help you.

At this time please feelfree when you are ready to reply back to me and ask to continue working withme, another expert or if you no longer need help please just let me knowexactly what you wish to do.

Thanks,

Joe