Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a zero turn rtz mower 2003 50 in the thing has been

Customer Question

I have a zero turn rtz mower 2003 50 in the thing has been carried to the shop 3 times still not fixed replaced, pto switch,the belt replaced box PTO switch goes into paid 250 for all repairs, took cltch off check no wear put it back on.the 2 times before I left brought home worked 15 minutes and guit again now I just got back with it again and it want the PTO want engage...I may be wrong but could it be a short somewhere, when the replaced the wiring box that hooksvinto PTO they said some corrosion, they also said fuse was real hot too...now what could it be...now there saying probably new cltch is needed
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.

Clutch should pull no more than 5 amps. It sounds like it very well can be the problem. But what is the full model umber?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.

Some models have a relay, we need to be sure that your's does not!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Model nu is 17BA5A7P2710 serial nu is below with picture attach
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There confused at the mower shop. The fuse was getting hot that's a problem to so would it be in the wiring of corrosion man this has been a great mower they'd like to sell me a new one but I don't want to make payments...its at a cub cadet dealer too.in Valdosta Ga at Powells outdoor power equipment....The mechanic is just uncertain the problem I hate to buy new clutch if in wiring, yanno?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Did ya get my info you requested?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.

Yes, looking at model, there is no relay. Just the switch direct to the clutch. Mechanic should be able to check the amp draw to the clutch. If over 5 amps, the clutch is bad!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK o just don't want to be ripped of. Sorry but the owner of the shop said he personally looked at the clutch and it was looked in excellent shape... I also had the PTO switch replaced too....
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.

Clutch can look new, but if it pulls too many amps will not function!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
All right sir would it be feasible. That will cost me 300 plus for a clutch but if I have it done and it still don't work after the fourth visit there I'm then gonna be upset....thanks for your help sir...will that make the fuse be very hot...
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.

Yes, high amp draw will make fuse hot.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you I shall share that with them tomorrow...when I take it back to them..Thanks for your help that's all I wanted was a 2nd opinion...Have a blessed day....
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you!