Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have an L245DT. When I try to fill the hydraulic fluid at

Customer Question

I have an L245DT. When I try to fill the hydraulic fluid at the fill point on the transmission it just goes into the engine oil. Why???
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! You are filling just behind the shift levers ? The only connection between the transmission and the engine, is the hydraulic pump, the front seal of the hydraulic pump can leak oil into the crankcase, but no other way! And it would only transfer when engine was running.??
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is the hydraulic pump rebuild-able?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.

A seal kit is available, but if shaft is worn, it won't help.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you!