Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

I have a Kioti 59" rototiller about 10 yrs old. I was

Customer Question
tilling and lifted it up...
I have a Kioti 59" rototiller about 10 yrs old. I was tilling and lifted it up and set it back down and the blades do not turn but the pto shaft and shaft going into the gear box were turning. All oil levels ok. Is there a shear bolt in the gear box that broke? I bought a pk. of shear bolts at Tractor Supply. The sales person said they would fit 97% of all tillers and bush hogs. Can you give me SPECIFIC instructions on how to get to and change the bolt or fix whatever, or links to it? Do I have the correct part? THANKS! Jim
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 6 days by:
8/28/2015
Technician: Joe, Marine Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic

Thank you for usingjustanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with yourconcern today.

Given the symptoms and the fact the shaft into the box were turning I would suspect the sheer pin, I would start by removing the cover to inspect the sheer pin. With the full model number I would be happy to try and locate exact step by step instructions.

I am just seeing if youstill need assistance with this problem? The reason I ask is because I see thatyour question has not been answered sooner and I wanted to make sure if youstill needed help.

In some cases a questionmay sit due to several different things including the amount of thedeposit/question value, time it was asked, the complexity of the question,number of experts that can help you at a certain time, lack of detailed infoand so on. My objective that I wish is to make sure that if you still need helpthat I can at the very least reach out to you and attempt to help you. I maynot have exactly the experience to deal with a certain problem but instead ofyou not receiving any answer at all I would at least like to reach out andattempt to help you.

At this time please feelfree when you are ready to reply back to me and ask to continue working withme, another expert or if you no longer need help please just let me knowexactly what you wish to do.

Thanks,

Joe

Joe
Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic