Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

Craftsman mower with Briggs and Stratton 17.5 engine won't

Customer Question

Craftsman mower with Briggs and Stratton 17.5 engine won't idle at low speed. Has fresh gas, new fuel filter, new oil change, new plug. Linkage is adjusted properly. Has very low idle and then stalls. Have raised the idle, but still runs very rough
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to get you the answer you need to your question.
It is very likely that your carburetor is at fault. First, check your air filter. If it is ok, then I suggest that you remove your carburetor and give it a really good cleaning.