Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

HONDA 3810 -NEED VIDEO OE DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS TO REMOVE…

Customer Question
HONDA 3810 -NEED VIDEO OE...
HONDA 3810 -NEED VIDEO OE DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS TO REMOVE ENGINE AND INSTALL NEW STARTER???
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
no reply yet... been a couple of days.. payment was made ???
Answered in 4 days by:
8/23/2015
Technician: Vince O., Small Engine Technician replied 2 years ago
Vince O.
Vince O., Small Engine Technician

Hello, I don't have the shop manual for your tractor and if you were to purchase one it would be approx $45.00. I do have a little info to share though.

The only and not so hard way to get to the starter bolts is.. to take the engine out. Only 4 motor mount bolts, remove the hood, Throttle cable and various connectors. The good thing is the drive shaft just sits inside the flange unit, so once the engine is free, simply pull it out of the chassis. PS the muffler has 2 nuts and a couple of 10 mm for the shields. Once free put the engine assembly on the workbench, pull off the shroud unbolt the shaft flange, loosen the nut for the flywheel, I would spray around the flywheel nut area. Get a rubber hammer, smack each side of the flywheel and rock back and forth. Once loose remove the coil assembly. There you will finally find the starter bolts..

This didn't help... I was aware that manuals are available... wanted to try getting advice first.
The notes "The only and not so hard way to get to the starter bolts is.. to take the engine out.....".. I had already seen this.. It's a cut and paste from a forum... I have it. I need more detail.So, looks like this didn't work out..
I assume I can just email the customer service link to get refund....Thanks anywayR. Thomas
Vince O.
Vince O.
Vince O., Small Engine Technician