Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

BX 2200. APPX 650 hours. While mowing the machine losses

Customer Question
BX 2200. APPX 650 hours. While...
BX 2200. APPX 650 hours.
While mowing the machine losses power after about 10 of use. removed and cleaned fuel tank last fall, didn't help. this year , I have replaced all fuel filters and the electric fuel pump between the frame rails .
Any thoughts
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/14/2015
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! With the BX, two things to check, one, is the fuel supply to the electric fuel pump.Make a test hose and attach it to the fuel pump inlet, bypassing the first fuel filter and the tank and outlet lines, and drop the hose into the fuel filler opening. Run test and see if tractor still looses power. If it does, put hoses back, and remove the fuel shutoff solenoid, and tape up the hole and run with it removed. It may be loosing grip and is shutting off the power by restricting the governor operation .

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician