Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a craftman riding lawn mower, its a older model 14.5

Customer Question

I have a craftman riding lawn mower, its a older model 14.5 hp. when i cut grass for about 45 minuts it will shut off. after I let it set for a while it will start back up and run for a while and then shut off again.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Take a spare spark plug and when it quit, remove the spark plug wire, attach the spare spark plug, and with the plug grounded to the metal of the engine, see if you have spark. If you have NO spark, replace the coil/module, mounted next to the flywheel. The coil will be failing. Common for them to work till they get hot, quit, and then work again after cool down.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my lawn mower doesn't have a coil module
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.

It has a coil,or magneto, mounted next to the flywheel. What is engine model number?