Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

I have a Deere f525 I recently replaced the PTO switch after

Customer Question
I have a John Deere...
I have a John Deere f525 I recently replaced the PTO switch after replacing the switch and connectors to the switch which I did wire for wire nothings backwards or wrong, the 15 amp fuse was blowing a couple times per lawn cut, now it constantly blows after pulling pto switch or shortly after, I tried to ohm clutch I'm getting .05 And I am getting resistance to ground from both wires directly to the negative side of the battery
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
8/12/2015
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !!The system has two relays in it. I think one is for pto. The typical Deere uses a relay between the pto switch and the clutch, so the amperage for clutch does not have to go through the switch. It has two switches # ***** in parts diagram, does not identify them, but are same part number. AT75769 Relay, try swapping them or replace .

http://jdpc.deere.com/pimages/MP21/MP21226________UN21MAY99.gif

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician