Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have an easy go TXT golf cart cannot get it to do anything

Customer Question

I have an easy go TXT golf cart cannot get it to do anything I have changed the solenoid, Drive dropping the solenoid out, and clean all the terminals. I have also checked all the batteries for correct voltage and with a high drama all seems well any suggestions.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Do you have full battery voltage to the keyswitch? Voltage is cut to keyswitch when charger is plugged in, by a switch at the charger receptacle on the cart,if the switch hangs open when the charger is unplugged, cart will not run. ??
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.

Check this

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have power 36 V to the microswitch that goes to the key on the Side closest to the edge of the card I have power nowhere else on either microswitch picture attached
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
First picture looks to be forward. reverse switch. Second picture shows top soil! Do you have 36 volts to the input cable on the f/r switch? ? Does the reverse buzzer come on in reverse? If not, you have a cable problem to the f/r switch.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yeah sorry about the picture of the soil. The reverse buzzer does not work and the only place I have 36 V is on that microswitch Reed switch if that's what you want to call it on the terminal closest to the side of the golf cart
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.

Voltage to the keyswitch?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have 38 V to each side of the switch when it is turn on and I apologize the reverse buzzer does work
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.

Scroll down the opening page of the site below, and do the tests of the components.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.

http://mrcarts.com/cat_ezgo_technical_info.cfm

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'd be began the test from that site that you sent me, when I got to checking the controller I put my negative lead for my meter on terminal m and my positively and B plus and I'm supposed to read zero and voltage increases as you accelerate. Battery voltage is 38.3 V and voltage at terminal B plus is 37.5 not zero what's next
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.

If test was done properly, then your controller is bad.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The solenoid does not even engage when the accelerator is pushed it used to do that what happened
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Solenoid has to be closed by the foot pedal switch! Foot pedal gets its voltage from the keyswitch.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I change the controller $340 still nothing now what
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.

The foot pedal has to close the solenoid!!!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I thought we jumped out the solenoid ?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.

you have to get the solenoid to close with pedal or you can't get controller to operate.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I still have not resolved the problem I'm out of town for a few days when I get back I'll continue.