Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

On my fast track 52 inch cut when I get ready to pull levels

Customer Question
on my fast track hustler...
on my fast track hustler 52 inch cut when I get ready to pull levels back bring off trailer it shuts off I changed switche on level and seat what should I do to fix this problem?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
8/11/2015
Technician: JohnF2015, Technician replied 2 years ago
JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Technician

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Does it shut off as soon as you move your drive levers? Only going backwards? Does it do the same thing if you try to go forward?

When bring them together from the out position it them begin to shut off.

You have the parking brake released when doing this? As long as the brake is released the only other thing that would cause this problem is the seat safety switch is not recognizing that you are present so it is killing the engine.

I changed seat switched also and it's still shutting off.

It dies as soon as you pull the levers in which tells me that something in the safety system is not functioning properly. Did you purchase the new seat switch from a dealer? Is it possible that they sold you the wrong switch? Some of these switches are normally open and some are normally closed. Try moving the levers without being in the seat and see what happens.

I did that also and it shut off and did bought the switched from the dealership.

Maybe the parking brake switch is not working correctly. How many wires come into the connector on the brake switch? If only two wires put a jumper in them and see what happens. You might even just unplug it from the switch and see if it makes a difference.

Can you provide the model and serial number from the frame of the machine so that I can better assist you?

Choo k

Have you had any other repairs done on this machine just prior to this beginning to happen?

Model 926501 ser. 05021559

Okay, under the ignition switch, throttle control panel there are two relays, one is for the starting system the other is a kill relay. Try swapping those around and see what happens.

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician