Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

How to install part 04618c

Customer Question

How to install part 04618c
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to get you the answer you need to your question.
You did not post the complete set of part numbers. I do believe the part is a Clutch Engagement Cable. This cable is not very difficult to replace. One end of this cable attaches to the idler arm on your mower deck, and the other end attaches to your blade engagement lever.
You can begin by removing your battery, and your battery tray. With your battery and battery tray removed, you will have easier access to remove your existing cable, and put your new cable in place. If you look closely, you will see the hole where the metal end of your cable attaches to your engagement lever. Down below your engagement lever, you will see a bracket where the plastic part of your cable attaches. You can use a pair of pliers to remove your cable from this bracket. Your new cable will just snap into this bracket.
Next remove your existing cable end from your deck. Now you are ready to attach the end of your new cable to your deck. Please remember to make notes, and take pictures as you go. This will make re-assembly, and routing your new cable much easier.
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
We can continue from here. Thanks!