Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have TB 230 I drain the gas and carb bowl as best I could

Customer Question

Hi I have TB 230 I drain the gas and carb bowl as best I could with the bowl I used fresh Gas but is still starts and dies
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 2 years ago.

Hello,Troy Bilt does not show the engine make and model,can you please supply them.Look for a sticker on the engine housing.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
12as5690063 bs6.7 engine self propelled walk behind serial number 1c253k11015
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
tht i sthe number with a /700 following it
Expert:  Vince O. replied 2 years ago.

Try this, clamp the fuel line. Have a rag handy and loosen the hex head holding the bowl onto the carb to drain the fuel.Once empty remove the brass bolt, that is the main jet and could be clogged. Poke a wire (bared bread twister) down the center of it and through the holes on the side to verify they are open. Re assemble and test.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please cancel my request and account. My carb has no screw. I found a replacement carb. Thank for trying