JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I have a 20 hp, liquid cooled 345 JD lawn mower, I replaced

Customer Question

I have a 20 hp, liquid cooled 345 JD lawn mower, I replaced the Ignition circuit board assembly, when it would turn the engine over in the run position. The new assembly hummed, than started doing the same thing, but it would quit when I tapped on the circuit board. I than replaced the starter, the battery was old, so I replaced that also. Guess what it starts in the run position. the start wire on the starter when I pull it off, & put it back on the circuit board hums, when it is plugged in.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

What engine do you have on this machine? Can you provide me with the model information from the engine?

Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

I would normally say that you have a starter solenoid that is stuck causing this but you have indicated that you replaced the starter which would have come with a new starter solenoid if I am looking at the correct engine.

I would go back and look at the ignition switch it may be internally making contact with the start system when it should not be.

Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
Do you still need assistance with this problem?
If not please take a moment to rate your experience.