Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Troy build zero turn mustang - 17WF2ACP011 with Kohler 725cc

Customer Question

Troy build zero turn mustang - 17WF2ACP011 with Kohler 725cc(###) ###-#### ***** runs fine for random length of times, always greater than 20 to 30 minutes. Motor starts to lose power and sounds like it is not getting fuel. Placing the lever in choke position will smooth out rough running or you can place in idle for a few minutes and then you can go back to full throttle and mowing again but it will not last very long. You can repeat with same results. Installed new air filter and fuel filter. hole is clear on gas cap. Thinking on changing fuel pump?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I doubt it is fuel pump, my thought is the fuel solenoid in the carburetor or one of the ignition coils is failing.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Answer is inconsistent with problems. Going to full choke, which levels out engine, would not correct ignition coil issue.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.

Yes, but it does affect the fuel solenoid.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.