Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My Husqvarna lz30 suddenly throttles down reason. Does not

Customer Question

My Husqvarna lz30 suddenly throttles down for no reason. Does not matter if it is sitting idle or the blades are engaged. I have the model with dual tanks
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! The fuel solenoid in the carburetor may be loosing its grip and is closing off the main jet in the carburetor. It has to stay open, with 12 volts, as long as the key is on. Best test is to remove it and plug the hole. Depending on which engine you have, this may not be possible! On Kohler, you may be able to remove the inner tip, that does the closing, and re-install as a dummy for test

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've got the Kohler Command Pro30 (CV750). Before I dig in to the carburetor, could this be caused by a bad fuel pump. I've noticed a lack of fuel in the filter. I've flushed all the fuel lines.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

I would not rule out a fuel pump. But the fuel filter will never show to be full when the engine is running. All small engines do the same! Just the nature of the fuel flow.