Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My craftsman riding mower turns over but wont start. any s

Customer Question

my craftsman riding mower turns over but wont start. any suggestions?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 2 years ago.
Have you tried removing the air filter and spraying some carburetor cleaner or a little bit of fuel into the throat of the carburetor? Will it at least fire or start then?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
With all of the parts I replaced, it did run. It died once while mowing,and then when I went to put it away it would've start. So that's where I am now.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 2 years ago.
So after you replaced the fuel solenoid, spark plug, and fuel pump the machine started and ran and you were able to mow with it.How long did you mow before it died? Were you able to run it any or get it started after it died?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Probably 30 min. until it died. Then after about 5 mins. it started up and I finished mowing for about an hour. Parked it for a couple of hours. Went to put it away and it wouldn't start.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 2 years ago.
What engine do you have on this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Briggs & stratton
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 2 years ago.
Can you describe a little bit of what is happening when you try to start it? Does the engine crank over okay? Do you notice anything unusual or odd about it? Do you have raw fuel blowing out of the exhaust?