Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I am having trouble starting my edger. I removed the top and

Customer Question

I am having trouble starting my edger. I removed the top and the pull cable system seems fine, but the part it is supposed to turn is not turning at all. I can get it to move just a little, turning it by hand. I don't know a lot about engines. I was just trying to see if I could figure it out as we don't have good repair options here.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 2 years ago.
It sounds like your problem is in the engine control cable. It is not pulling the flywheel brake assembly off of the kill switch far enough to allow the engine to start and run. Take a look at the cable when you operate the control bail, is the housing moving. If you remove the cable or at least unhook it from the engine and the control bail can the cable be moved easily inside the casing if not this is your problem you will want to replace the cable which should fix your problem.If you can provide the model and serial from the frame of the machine I will assist you in finding the correct part number for the cable on your machine.