Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a mid 1990 toro 21" personal pace GTS-XL 6.0 hp &S

Customer Question

i have a mid 1990 toro 21" personal pace GTS-XL 6.0 hp B&S re-cycler....can't locate SN....the pulley for the "self prop" belt on the crankshaft came apart....i got the set screw out and slid the pulley off crank shaft...no part number....can I order a pulley assembly.?? do you have a part number you can look up for me? is this enough info? it's really hard pushing this thing....i'm old! HELP/!
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 2 years ago.
Can you provide the five digit model number along with the serial number off of the frame of the mower so that I can better assist you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I DON'T HAVE THE NUMBER PLATE IT PULLED OFF AND THAT'S MY REAL PROBLEM...IF I HAD THE S.N. AND MODEL I WOULD BE IN GOOD SHAPE....IS THE S.N. ETCHED INTO THE FRAME SOMEWHERE?
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 2 years ago.
No, unfortunately Toro didn't put their numbers anywhere else on the machine.Does your machine have a steel deck or the cast aluminum deck? Is it rear wheel drive? Does it have a blade brake control that you can release and the engine continue to run while you walk away from the machine?I will try to help you by using other information from the machine.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 2 years ago.
Did you look at the underside of the personal pace control lever on the handle to see if the information tag is there? Toro liked to put their tags up there a lot of times.