Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Gravely 1844 XL, ZT mower with a Kohler 18 hp engine.

Customer Question

I have a Gravely 1844 XL, ZT mower with a Kohler 18 hp engine. It is 10 years old with 335 hours on it. I was almost done cutting my lawn when the mower stopped going forward. The engine was still running strong and the blades were still engaged. Is this a transmission problem ? Thanks for your help
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Your drive belt for the two transmissions is the problem. Belt has come off a pulley or broken, or the idler spring for the belt has broken or come off. Unit has two transmissions, and only common part is the drive belt! I think that is where you will find the problem. The drive belt is above the deck belt on the engine.